Almond Tea Cake
Oh - I just love, love, LOVE this recipe! They are so easy, have a divine almond taste and fantastic texture. The amount of extract may seem surprising, but let me assure you it works perfectly in these chewy, sweet bars. Yield is approx.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon almond extract (yes, that's right!)
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and then add sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add extract.
- Add flour and salt, mixing well.
- Pour batter into a large cast-iron skillet (9-11") that has been lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove foil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmmmm! Very good, and very easy. The house smelled divine while these were baking!! These remind me of cookies that my friend's family from the Netherlands used to make. Great chewy texture as well. I used a 9" cast iron skillet, but may try a bigger pan next time as they were a bit thicker than I expected. Overall, just wonderful!Reply
They were very good but for some reason they came out a bit mushy. I doubled the recipe and put them in a larger tin and they took over an hour to bake. Besides that people loved them and they do, in fact, taste good with tea. I added brown sugar and honey on top for an added touch. Thanks alot for this one.Reply