Almond Mandarin Salad
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooled and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until evenly browned. Drain, cool and crumble.
- To make the dressing, thoroughly blend the vinegar, honey,dry mustard, celery salt, paprika, and olive oil.
- Place lettuce, oranges, green onion, bacon, and almonds in a serving bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.