Almond Cream (Crema Di Mandorle)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup blanched almond (chopped)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat. Add sugar; cook until golden brown, stirring constantly. Stir in almonds. Spread almond mixture on greased baking sheet; cool completely. Crush into crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold in brandy or liqueur. Reserve some of the crumbled almond mixture to sprinkle over the top of dessert. Fold remaining crumbs into whipped cream.
- Spoon into 4 to 6 dessert dishes. Sprinkle with reserved almond crumb mixture. Refrigerate until set.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi! Thank you for visiting my About Me page. I live in northern California (about 2 hours north of Sacramento). My husband and I live on 10 acres where we grow alfalfa and have a small family orchard of fruit and nut trees. We also have 2 horses, 2 cats, a Dexter cow and calf, and 13 chickens.<br /><br />I am married to a wonderful guy (since 1979), and we have two terrific kids. Our daughter (born in 1981) has her college degree in microbiology. Our son (born in 1983) has his college degree in computer science.</p>