Ajeen (Basic Dough)
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- Sift the flour into a working surface.
- Mix in salt and sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour olive oil and vegetable oil in the well.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid.
- Add water gradually. Knead the dough into a ball (if the dough is too stiff add some water).
- Knead the dough on a floured working surface until it is smooth and elastic this can be done in an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, or in a food processor.
- Form the dough into a ball and put into a lightly floured bowl, covered with a damp cloth. Leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size- about 6 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tastes great! I'm not leaving a star rating because my dough did not rise. I'm suspecting yeast needs to be added to the recipe. The dough still worked well for Recipe#263613 - nice flavor and easy to work with. This was a treat for us since we usually wouldn't make a dough with this much oil. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2008.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love watching food Network and pretend to be a chef while cooking.I haven't mastered the art of chopping things real fast but I am working on it. I enjoy cooking for family and friends. I usually expreiment in the kitchen late night and come up with something worth eating. Was Adopted banner: