5 Ingredient Baked Bean Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- In a dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My measures were all wrong on this, yet it still turned out very tasty: 1.5 lb ground beef, 2 18 oz cans beans, 46 oz V-8, chili seasoning 2.2 oz. Sometimes you need to make do with what you have. Perfect 'peasant-style" chili, and macaroni added to leftovers will make another great meal. Thanks for the double meal recipe. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Okay, so maybe this isn't the recipe for all the chili snobs or purists, but it went over great with my family. Maybe it should be called beef and bean soup? Anyway, these simple ingredients came together for a wonderful tomatoey (is that a word?) blend. I used the mild chili seasoning mix since I'm a wimp when it comes to hot stuff. My husband doctored his with hot sauce and declared it very good. The only change I made was to add chopped onions to the ground beef while browning it. I used Bush's original baked beans and it seemed to give it a sweet flavor. This makes a ton, but tasted even better re-heated. This is perfect for winter dinners, thanks!