4-Inch Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
photo by SweetsLady
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pretzel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons peanuts (optional)
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chocolate, melted
- Crust: Mix pretzels and butter until pretzel crumbs are moistened and press into bottom of a 4 inch springform pan.
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate, peanut butter, egg substitute and vanilla. Beat well after each addition.
- Add peanuts if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 225 and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Topping: In small saucepan melt white chocolate and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm, then pour over cheesecake.
- Drizzle strips of melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Using a knife draw the dull side of the tip across the chocolate.
- Chill till topping firms up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent Cheesecake! I love all kinds, but this one will be going into my favorites. It was easy to put together and the presentation was absolutely decadent and beautiful. Made exact according to recipe. Loved the crust! This is a yummy dessert! I will be making this again.... real soon! Thanks for sharing. ~V
YUMMY! We love cheesecake and this is definitely a great one! I didn't add the additional nuts so their was a hint of peanut butter taste. It was really easy, too! I added a little bit of sugar to the pretzels about 1 tsp but would probably add a little more next time and cut down on the crust some to maybe 1/3 cup. Thanks, Nyteglori!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">