10-Minute Lime Cracker Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from Serious Eats and it is mandatory that you let the pie sit overnight loosely wrapped in plastic. This is how the crackers fully absorb the custard. I used a deep dish pie plate. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk, I used Eagle low-fat
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, use fresh limes
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 10 ounces Ritz crackers, I used low salt, about 2 1/2 sleeves
- Combine condensed milk and heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice and whisk until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Spread 1 cup filling on bottom of deep dish pie plate or 11 inch oval casserole.
- Top with a single layer of Ritz cracker.
- Repeat steps, alternating layers of filling and crackers until pie plate is full, finish with a layer of filling.
- Sprinkle with grated lime peel.
- Refrigerate cover with plastic wrap overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION