of szechuan stir-fry sauce
2 -3 tablespoons
minced fresh ginger
1 -2 lb
of small fish fillet
of fried fish breading
( or cornmeal with salt & pepper)
( for cooking)
2 -3 large
green onions, chopped
- Fillets should be wet.
- In a small bowl mix the first six ingredients.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add vegetable oil to skillet.
- Put breading in one gallon sealable plastic bag.
- Add the fillets to the bag and shake to coat them thoroughly.
- Put the breaded fillets onto clean plate.
- Add fillets to hot oil and cook until slightly brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn over fillets and brown on other side for another minute.
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture.
- Turn fish over one last time.
- Cover pan and let it simmer about 3-4 minutes more (see note).
- Transfer fillets to serving platter and pour sauce from skillet over top.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions over the top.