Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Good healthy low fat soup.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- white wine
- fresh basil, chopped coarsely
- In saute pan, saute garlic with oil until brown.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes and stir.
- Cool for 1 minute, then add wine and broth.
- Bring to boil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Add basil for garnish.
I'm so happy to have found this recipe. I wanted to use up some broccoli in a soup, but it seems like all of the recipes I found were creamy, or had potatoes in them and just sounded heavy. This was so simple and light . It really hit the spot. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
We are not big fans of brocolli and my husband is not a big fan of tomatoes - but we both LOVED this. What a great tasty way to get two really good vegetables in! Will be making this often - goes great with sandwiches.
A tasty soup, but I thought it was missing something, so I added cooked chicken and some tomato/basil Mrs. Dash. My kids asked me to make it again tomorrow! I think next time I try it I'll add a little cream to cut the acidity. BTW, I didn't peel the tomatoes and they were great.