Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I fell in love with my oven ever since I started low carbing. It's amazing what you can do with him. I've baked cookies, pies, cakes and tons of main dishes that keep my hunger at bay. Now, it's time for a zucchini lasagna with minced meat, topped with some peppers and buffalo mozzarella.
- 170 g minced meat (I used a mix of beef and pork)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 120 ml of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large zucchini
- 50 g buffalo milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 small chili pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the zucchini and with a sharp knife, slice in long, thin slices. Salt the slices to get rid of excess water. Also cut up your green bell pepper in small cubes.
- In a pan, fry chopped onions, meat and the garlic. When they are done, add the tomato sauce and let it cook until all the flavors are mixed. Season as you like. I seasoned with a special mix for meat.
- Pat the zucchini slices dry with a clean towel and take an oven dish.
- Start assembling your lasagna. Place some sauce at the bottom and layer the zucchini over it. Over the zucchini comes the meat and the sauce and the green bell pepper cubes. Add another layer of zucchini and again top with sauce and bell peppers. Continue until your ingredients run out.
- Top the entire dish with the chopped up chilli pepper for added flavor and place thin slices of mozzarella on the top.
- Bake in the oven at 2000 degrees C for 25 minute Turn on the grill to turn the cheese brown for the last 5 minutes.