Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple tasty recipe for using zucchinis when in season, looks nice too
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tasty cheese, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 chili, chopped (optional)
- Halve zucchini lengthwise; place in a single layer in a shallow dish, cover and cook on high for about 3 minutes, or until zucchini is just tender, cool.
- Scoop out the flesh from the zucchini, leaving shells intact; return shells to dish.
- Combine zucchini flesh, rice, shallot cheese, oregano, orange rind, chili (if using) and cream in a bowl.
- Spoon rice mixture into zucchini shells, cook on high for 3 minutes or until hot.
Although I'm not one who uses the microwave much, I did so with this recipe & was pleasantly surprised at how well it went! We enjoyed this mild tasting dish, especially with the cirtus & rice combo! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC Tag]
This was a nice subtle dish thaat I really enjoyed. I didn't have cream so used whole milk, and didn't use the chili. For the cheese, I used Parmesan. Very nice. I served this with Chipotle Black Bean Chili and avocado. Oh, and I didn't use the microwave, I baked the zucchini in the oven for about 15 minutes, then baked it for about 15 minutes at 350*F. Thanks Latchy!