Recipe by Latchy
Simple tasty recipe for using zucchinis when in season, looks nice too
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I'm not one who uses the microwave much, I did so with this recipe & was pleasantly surprised at how well it went! We enjoyed this mild tasting dish, especially with the cirtus & rice combo! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC Tag]
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tasty cheese, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 chili, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve zucchini lengthwise; place in a single layer in a shallow dish, cover and cook on high for about 3 minutes, or until zucchini is just tender, cool.
- Scoop out the flesh from the zucchini, leaving shells intact; return shells to dish.
- Combine zucchini flesh, rice, shallot cheese, oregano, orange rind, chili (if using) and cream in a bowl.
- Spoon rice mixture into zucchini shells, cook on high for 3 minutes or until hot.