Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
The weather has been turning warmer and I have been dreaming about that summer crop that we all get in abundance. Summer and zucchini will be here before we know it. I found some zucchini at the market and made one of our family's favorite dishes. I do not remember where the original recipe came from, but it is yummy!
- 1 lb zucchini (four or so of the small ones)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Wash zucchini, cut off both.
- ends but do not peel them. Cut.
- the zucchini into 1/4" slices. Cook,
- stirring zucchini, onion, green pepper, oil,
- garlic, salt, and pepper in 10" skillet.
- until heated through. Cover and cook
- over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
- until vegetables are crisp-tender,
- about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover
- and cook over low heat just until
- tomatoes are heated through, about
- 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and
- grated cheese, if desired.
Great easy-to-make veggies! Tasty made as written; next time I may add some fresh basil too. Simple and healthy - thanks for sharing the recipe!