Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very colorful addition to any meal. This is a family favorite and a great way to use your garden zucchini and corn. A great side dish to serve to guests, even if they are not fond of zucchini. Hope that you will enjoy this as much as we do.
- 5 slices bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut in to 1/2 slices
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed or 10 ounces corn, cut from 3 or 4 fresh ears.
- 1 red peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 3 garlic, gloves minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheese, of your choice
- In a wide frying pan, cook your bacon until crisp. Drain bacon drippings, but leave 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings in the frying pan.
- Add zucchini, corn, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the fry pan with the reserved bacon drippings. Cook over medium heat stiriring often, until most of the vegetable liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are crisp tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add the cooked bacon and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Cooking time does include cooking the bacon.
This is a delicious side dish and a very nice change from your everyday vegetable. Nice blend of flavors and the bacon adds a nice hint of salt in contrast to the sweet corn and peppers. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this Ranch Mom! Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.