Ranch mom's Note:
This is a very colorful addition to any meal. This is a family favorite and a great way to use your garden zucchini and corn. A great side dish to serve to guests, even if they are not fond of zucchini. Hope that you will enjoy this as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 1/2 lbs zucchini, cut in to 1/2 slices
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed or 10 ounces corn, cut from 3 or 4 fresh ears.
- 1 red peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 3 garlic, gloves minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup cheese, of your choice
- 1In a wide frying pan, cook your bacon until crisp. Drain bacon drippings, but leave 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings in the frying pan.
- 2Add zucchini, corn, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the fry pan with the reserved bacon drippings. Cook over medium heat stiriring often, until most of the vegetable liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are crisp tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add the cooked bacon and heat through.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- 6Cooking time does include cooking the bacon.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini With Bacon Corn & Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g