Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by cookiedog
Yowza! I forgot how wonderful Vegetable can Be!!! These are spectacular! The flavor of the zucchini really shines in this one and it is complimented by the saltiness of the olives and crunch from the almonds. Good bye slimey overcooked squash... I've got a new recipe!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs zucchini (small sized)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup Italian parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise then cut into 2" pieces.
- Add zucchini to skillet and saute until beginning to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in olives and parsley.
- Transfer to a shallow serving bowl and sprinkle with almonds.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.