Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
great for using up the surplus zucchini, from bon appetit.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (4 oz)
- preheat oven to 325.
- butter and flour 2 8" loaf pans.
- whisk the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- in another bowl whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, zest, blend well.
- add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
- whisk in zucchini and walnuts.
- pour into pans, bake about 1 hour, 15 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- let cool for 10 minutes then turn out to a rack to cool completely.
Very Good! The cinnamon and nuts give it a coffee cake kind of taste. We really enjoyed. Part of a loaf will go to camp with DH and DS, one will go in the freezer to take with us on vacation, and I get to enjoy the rest. I was a little short of sugar so substitued almost 1/2 cup for Splenda. The loaf was still wonderful!