Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe came from my FIL's girlfriend. She sent me a bunch of zucchini recipes since that wonderful veggie always over-produces. Enjoy. Please feel free to tweak to your personal tastes.
- Wash zucchini and cut in very thin slices. (peel it if you like it that way).
- Combine with tomatoes, green pepper, green onions and parsley in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except lettuce in another bowl.
- Pour that over the zucchini mixture.
- Chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce or other greens.
Fun with zucchini time! Terrific, easy salad that begs you to make it your own. I didn't want to waver from the original recipe, although I used red onion instead of the green onion, and spinach instead of lettuce, but the taste was certainly almost the same. I halved this recipe and the dressing too. I sliced the zucchini lengthwise and let it marinate in the dressing with the onion, pepper, and tomato for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Great salad recipe 1hotpotato, will use again and again~