Julie in TX's Note:
Got some zucchini that you need to use? This is the dish for you. I originally saw this recipe in Southern Living Magazine and then couldn't find the magazine when I wanted to cook it. I remembered basically what the ingredients were, just not the amounts. With some experimentation, I created a dish that tastes pretty delish! It's one of those dishes that makes people go back for seconds. Frying the zucchini before adding it to the casserole, helps to seal the moisture inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
- 3Put flour in a zip lock bag and add sliced zucchini.
- 4Shake until zucchini is lightly coated.
- 5Pour 1/4 inch olive oil into a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Brown zucchini on both sides until lightly brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels& let cool.
- 8Combine sour cream, basil, oregano, garlic powder& salt.
- 9Slice tomatoes.
- 10Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 11Put a layer of zucchini in the bottom of the dish.
- 12Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese on top.
- 13Add a layer of sliced tomatoes.
- 14Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture on top of tomatoes.
- 15Add 1/2 mozzarella cheese on top of sour cream.
- 16Repeat layers ending with mozzarella cheese.
- 17Put in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until it bubbles and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- 18Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Tomato & Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 401.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g