From 'Femme Actuelle' women's magazine in France, Sophie Dudemaine's recipe. I'm posting the original recipe as written but I didn't use all zucchini, I used part grated carrot and a big handful of chopped chicken too. For herbs, I used fresh basil and parsley. For cheese, I used half feta and half Swiss, as that was what I had in the house. This would be a very forgiving recipe and lots of different things could be used.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, or about 375°F.
- Sauteé the vegetables for about 15 minutes in a little olive oil if you like., If not, just cook and stir.
- In a big bowl, beat the eggs, with the evaporated milk.
- Add the cheese and herbs.
- Add the cooked vegetables and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a loaf pan or two, depending on the size you use. I used one standard and had enough for one small loaf pan too. Be careful to leave half an inch of space, I had some dripping problems in the oven.
- I cooked the small pan for about a half an hour, and the large pan for about 55 minutes. Test with a point of a knife that should come out clean.
- Unmold while still warm.
- May be eaten hot, warm or cold. I may serve with a light tomato sauce.