Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zucchini Stew from The Roseto Cuisine Cookbook. Posted for ZWT 7. I think this would be nice with a little lemon juice and zest also :)
- 3 small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, blanched and peeled
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Cube the zucchini and set aside.
- heat the oil in a large heavy pot. Saute the onion. When almost golden, add the garlic and brown lightly.
- Add the tomatoes, celery leaves, parsley and basil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the potatoes and 2 cups of water.
- Cook about 10 minutes before adding the cubed zucchini and seasoning.
- Cook until tender or approximately 10 minutes.
- When stew has cooked, beat 4 eggs with 1/3 cup of Romano cheese. Add to stew and cover. When eggs puff (a few minutes) remove from heat.