Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A fruity zucchini snack cake with bananas and nuts.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice, and enough milk to make 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 banana, finelty diced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar until mixture is thick.
- Beat in molasses and oil, then lemon-milk mixture, vanilla, and orange rind.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Beat into liquid mixture.
- Stir in zucchini, banana, and walnuts.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 9 X 13- inch baking pan.
- Bake cake in 350F oven for 40 minutes, or until cake tests done.