Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for a BBQ or buffet. If you use fresh basil, use a little more. Makes a great flavour.
- 6 small zucchini
- 4 green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 3 -4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- salt, & pepper
- minced parsley
- 1 pinch dried basil
- Tip and wash zucchini, slice very thinly and place in bowl with sliced green onions.
- Blend garlic, vinegar, corn oil, salt and basil and pour over vegetables.
- Cover, place in fridge until chilled.
- Line dish with tomatoes and top with marinated zucchini.
- Garnish with parlsey and pepper to taste.
i absolutly loved this. it is great and i need something new with these veggies.
This is nice and fresh tasting, but a bit mild for me - I think that adding more vinegar would really take it up a notch. But I enjoyed it. (I used olive oil)
This was much easier than I thought it would be. I have a stand grater that has a mandoline-type blade on the side, and it made short work of slicing the zukes thinly. However, I did not have corn oil, so used extra virgin olive oil, and really liked the mix of flavors. I honestly don't know if I'd even try it with corn oil, since I really liked the taste with the olive oil. In any case, this makes a great presentation, wonderful blend of summer tastes, and is a keeper that I'll make often. Oh, one more thing - some torn basil as a garnish/extra flavor really added to the mix of tastes, too. Delicious!