Recipe by Rita~
With all my zucchinis in the garden after make my habanaro jam I did some research and came up with this one.Try this on a grilled tuna steak, grilled chicken, toss some into a salad dressing or spread on some cream cheese.... You can peel and add yellow food coloring for eye appeal. I myself like the nutrition of the skin.
Top Review by MRich33392
I made this recipe. Next time I would definately add more ginger and omit the jello. The jam tasted great until I put in the jello which upped the sweetness to a whole new level and made it way too sweet. I had to add some lemon juice to try and balance things out. I also used Balls powder pectin as its all our local grocery store had available. I'm more comfortable with using powder pectin anyway...never had a bad experience with it. Have heard stories about the liquid pectin not jelling properly. Something to keep in mind...
- 907.18 g seeded and cubed zucchini
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple
- 28.34-85.04 g crystallized ginger (use more if you like more kick less if you don`t!I myself like a lot!)
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- 170.09 g of ball fruit jell or 170.09 g Certo (liquid pectin)
- 170.09 g box pineapple Jell-O
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini, pineapples, and crystallized ginger in a food processor and puree.
- Add to a heavy bottom pot with sugar and boil for 20 minutes. That`s a rolling boil.
- Stirring all the while.
- Add Certo and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 more minute add jello and stir to blend.
- Fill 4-1 pint jars or 8 1/2 pint jars.I like to do the 8 jars because there would be more to give as gifts.
- Process in a water bath for 10 minutes.