1/2 Photos of Zucchini Pancakes
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is a great vegetarian pancake, easy to make and is delicious. This recipe was passed to my Mother over 100 years ago and has been a favorite of the families.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups finely shredded fresh zucchini (, 2 - 8-inch zucchini required)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter (, for rub) or 1/4 cup melted margarine (, for rub)
- 1Wash and shred zucchini on a fine shredder (DO NOT PEEL).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add shredded zucchini and mix well using a fork.
- 3Add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil and stir well to blend.
- 4Finally, add baking powder and mix using a spoon (Batter consistency should be like heavy whipping cream).
- 5Preheat griddle to 425- 450°F.
- 6If using a heavy duty frying pan, heat to medium-high heat; adjust heat if necessary.
- 7Rub grill or frying pan with oil before cooking each batch of pancakes.
- 8Spoon batter onto hot griddle (about 2 tablespoons for each pancake).
- 9Cook until bubbles on the top of the pancake almost stop, about 1 1/2 minutes; turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until pancakes are done.
- 10When done, rub pancakes with melted butter and place in a preheated 250 F oven to keep warm until the remainder are cooked, or serve immediately.
- 11Serve with your choice of jams or syrups.
- 12Also very good with sour cream or yogurt along with your choice of jams or syrups, or you can eat them just plain.
- 13These pancakes are delicious for breakfast, brunch or just as a snack anytime.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.9
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 831.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g