Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
With squash and tomatoes from the garden in abundance, and being on a low fat diet, this beautiful recipe really hits the spot. It is so attractive,, with the combination of colors, and is really delicious. You can also serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese if you wish.
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely diced
- salt and pepper
- Put the zucchini, squash, and onions into a steamer basket and steam over boiling water for 5 mins until slightly tender ( you dont want to overcook, otherwise it becomes mushy ).
- Remove from basket and put into a serving bowl, toss in the diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.