Recipe by Ypsi
A tropical spin on zucchini bread which plays up the light greenish flavors it has.
Top Review by Outta Here
This turns out a very moist loaf, but found it to be a bit bland. Couldn't really taste the lime or any of the spices. If I was to make it again, I would use more than 1/4 teaspoon of the spices. More like a teaspoon of each.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (optional) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pistachios (optional)
- zest and juice of 2-3 lime
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh or powdered)
- 4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray or grease 2 loaf pans very well.
- Place nuts, lime zest, cardamom, coconut, ginger and mace in food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles very coarse meal. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl/stand mixer in order listed. Add nut/lime/coconut mixture.
- Beat on low 1 minute.
- Beat on medium 1 minute.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 325 for 1 hour; check for doneness. Generally done by 1 hour 15 minutes, depending on oven.
- Remove and let cool in pans 5 minutes; then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Mix a glaze: juice of 1 lime with enough confectioner's sugar to make it drizzly. Drizzle over cooled loaves.