Recipe by bayou-mimi
I haven't made these yet, but they sound so good it won't be long.
Top Review by dicentra
These were good. I used my microplane and could barely taste the zucchini. The cookies are cake-like and very soft. The glaze made WAY too much so I ended up throwing a lot if it out. The cookies are good with and without the glaze. I skipped the raisins (don't like them in things) but I'm really glad I didn't skip the walnuts. Thanks for sharing! :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated and chopped lemons, rind of
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, zucchini and lemon peel.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoon 3 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze: combine sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve a thin spreading consistency.
- Spread or drizzle over cooled cookies.