Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love, love, love kuku! It is so easy to throw together and can be enjoyed warm or cold. They are almost always vegetarian and have many variations. This one has zucchini; yum! As with all zucchini, you want to try and get as much water as you can out of the vegetable to avoid a mushy kuku. From My Persian Kitchen.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- cooking spray
- Saute chopped onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add turmeric to the onions and saute a few minutes longer.
- Add grated zucchini to the onions. Season with salt and pepper, and continue to saute until the zucchini is cooked and all the moisture is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and baking soda. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the zucchini is sauteed, remove the excess moisture by letting it cool in a strainer and squeezing until all the water is gone or by putting it in a cheese cloth and squeezing out the liquid.
- Add the zucchini and onions to the eggs and mix well.
- Spray a Pyrex or casserole dish with cooking spray and add your zucchini-egg mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.