Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Was tired of the same old recipes and needed something to spark some interest in zucchini and came up with this.
- 3 zucchini, green
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- I dont like watery zucchine so grate the zucchini and place in a colander. Sprinkle with the salt, mix it around. Place colander over a bowl and let sit at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, cook oil, onions and mushrooms about 10 minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms have cooked down.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic and cumin. Cover, cook 5 minutes.
- While cooking, grab the zucchini by small handfuls and squeeze it to remove excess moisture. Add this to the pot, sprinkling and breaking it up as you do so.
- Stir this together and cook 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
Incredible! The shredded zucchini was like ribbons of pasta. This could be a main dish!