Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy breakfast and doesn't take much effort!
Make and share this Zucchini Frittata (Low Carb) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into a julienne
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated (raw is best)
- After the zucchini has been cut into a julienne (you can use your food processor if you have one), salt it and drain it in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Rise and pat dry the zucchini.
- Melt butter and olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan and saute the zucchini for about a minute. Remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Beat the eggs with the sour cream, seasonings and lemon rind.
- Melt the rest of the butter and olive oil in the pan and pour in teh egg mixture.
- Cook eggs over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the underside is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place the whole pan under the broiler for a few minutes, or until it has puffed and is lightly browned.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve. Yum!