Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
A nice and healthy alternative for mashed potatoes. Best is to use Bulgarian-style feta, but Greek or Danish style goes well too.
Top Review by zeldaz51
Ummm... it sounded great for an accompaniment for my salmon, but it really is not so good if you do the advance cooking. It is mush, not mash, and the allspice is overwhelming if it's relatively fresh. I'd recommend cooking it at the last minute and definitely tailoring seasonings to your taste. Dill or mint would be good if you have no allspice.
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 70 g feta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Juice the lemon.
- Grate the zucchini coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook gently for 2-3 mins (do not let it brown).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (You can prepare the dish in advance up to this point.).
- Reheat the zucchini.
- Crumble in feta and add allspice.
- Toss until feta is almost melted.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.