1/4 Photos of Zucchini/ Courgettes Sauteed With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is a lovely mediterranean side dish, and healthy too! It's easy to make while your main dish bakes in the oven. If you are on Weight Watchers, count 2.5 points per tablespoon of olive oil that you use. So if you make it as written, the whole recipe contains 2.5 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sundried tomatoes in the 3/4 cup of warm water to soak for around 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, finely slice the onion and cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- 3Cut the sundried tomatoes into thin strips and return them to the soaking water.
- 4In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil and stir in the onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring (if not using a non-stick skillet, you may need to add more oil to prevent sticking).
- 5Stir in the zucchini and garlic. At this point, I add 1/2 cup water to "steam" the veggies and reduce the amount of oil used- you may prefer to add another tablespoon of oil rather than water.
- 6Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add the sundried tomato strips and their soaking liquid (this provides a lot of the flavour so don't leave it out- if using sundried tomatoes canned in oil, add a little of the liquid from the jar instead).
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the liquid absorbed, still stirring.
- 9Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
- 10Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini/ Courgettes Sauteed With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g