Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This hearty soup has lots of possible variations.
Make and share this Zucchini Chicken Bean Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried cannellini beans, soaked in brine overnight
- 2 medium onions, diced small
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, diced small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 lbs zucchini, diced
- 6 ounces clams, chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced small
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bunch kale, with stalks removed, chopped large
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb cooked chicken, diced small
- Soak Cannellini beans in 2 quarts of water with 2 tablespoons of salt, overnight. Drain and rinse.
- In a large stock pot, saute the onions, celery and carrots in the olive oil, until they begin to turn yellow. About 15 minutes. Add crushed garlic, curry powder, white and black pepper and bayleaves and stir a minute or 2 until fragrant.
- Add beans and chicken stock. Simmer for 1 hour until beans are just becoming tender.
- Add salt, zucchini, clams, potatoes and simmer another 20 minutes. Then add chicken and Kale, and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Turn off heat, add spinach, parsley, taste and correct seasoning.