I'm in love with homemade pancakes -- there's just something about them! We have a weekly tradition in our home, which started long before out children were born, and continues to this day. Every Sunday morning we make pancakes -- homemade pancakes from scratch! I've learned a couple of things about making pancake batter over the past few years. Here are a few tips: 1. If you want that nice golden look to your pancakes, use butter in the batter and add them to a hot griddle or skillet. 2. Whisk the dry ingredients together really well, then whisk in the egg, milk and butter "continuously." Have all the wet ingredients ready to go and then whisk and pour all in one swoop. 3. Make a double batch of pancakes, let them cool completely, then stack and place them into the freezer. They will still taste great once unthawed. Check out the recipe below for whole wheat pancakes that also allows you to get a serving of vegetables!
My Private Note
3" panc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 2Prepare the wet ingredients and have them ready (crack the egg, melt the butter and measure the milk).
- 3Add the milk, butter and egg to the dry ingredients, one after another, whisking continuously.
- 4Pour the batter onto a hot griddle and cook on both sides (flip when holes appear in the sides of uncooked batter and continuously flip until golden brown).
- 5Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
- 6Do you make pancakes from scratch? If so, what other tips do you have for making pancakes from scratch?
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Carrot Whole Wheat Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.5
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 1042.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 13.2 g