- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Add zucchini, carrot and onion. Saute until onion is soft and clear.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir well. Add water, milk, salt and pepper. Heat and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in blender. Return to pot.
- Add cheese. Stir to melt. Serve.