Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The grated zucchini and carrots make these bars nice and moist and adds vitamins to dessert!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Citrus Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; mix well and set aside.
- In another large bowl combine remaining ingredients, except icing; mix well.
- Add carrot-zucchini mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until bars test done.
- Place on wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost with icing.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Icing: Combine all ingredients; beat until smooth.
yummy!yummy!yummy! You got to love it when something your kids love so much is also so good for them! Very, very moist. I made this recipe into muffins so my son could take them to school. The plan was I would freeze them indiviually. Well, after I'd made them and packed his lunch for school the next day there were only 3 left to freeze! If anyone hasn't tried adding a squeeze of lemon to their cream-cheese icing, try it - it's delicious. Thanks Geema.