Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The grated zucchini and carrots make these bars nice and moist and adds vitamins to dessert!
Make and share this Zucchini-Carrot Bars with Lemon Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Citrus Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; mix well and set aside.
- In another large bowl combine remaining ingredients, except icing; mix well.
- Add carrot-zucchini mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until bars test done.
- Place on wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost with icing.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Icing: Combine all ingredients; beat until smooth.
yummy!yummy!yummy! You got to love it when something your kids love so much is also so good for them! Very, very moist. I made this recipe into muffins so my son could take them to school. The plan was I would freeze them indiviually. Well, after I'd made them and packed his lunch for school the next day there were only 3 left to freeze! If anyone hasn't tried adding a squeeze of lemon to their cream-cheese icing, try it - it's delicious. Thanks Geema.