Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonder what to do with you're zucchini fresh out of the garden? Here is a wonderful side dish passed down from my mom.
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Place shredded zucchini in colander.
- Squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt.
- Set aside in large bowl.
- Saute onion in butter, drain and add to zucchini.
- In seperate bowl mix eggs, flour and pepper.
- Add wet mixture to zucchini, stir well.
- Drop mixture into rounded teaspoons, into well oiled frying pan, flatten slightly, cook 4 minutes on each side.
We liked it, but felt that something was missing. I sprinkled cheese on them when they were done.
Loved this...did not know that I liked zucchini so well!! Used italian seasoning as suggested by another reviewer.
Holy smokes! I wish I'd taken a picture. So good! Ok, added garlic salt, paprika and italian seasoning. I served them with Greek Tzaziki sauce and they were gobbled up by my family and the guests. The trick is to make them thin so the zucchini gets cooked all the way through and is not not mushy. Oh, one more note, I got a lot more water out after letting the zucchini sit after adding the salt.