Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has been my staple filling food for this diet. It tastes fabulous! The original recipe comes from my new favorite cookbook "The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook". I can't recommend this cookbook enough for healthy recipes that can be use with some tweaks for most of my elimination diet. I'll continue to use this great book long after the diet is over. I've made a few changes to the recipe
- 236.59 ml quinoa flour
- 236.59 ml brown rice flour
- 118.29 ml tapioca flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2 xanthan gum
- 3.69 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml pineapple, crushed and drained
- 177.44 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml zucchini, grated
- 177.44 ml walnuts, chopped
- 177.44 ml raisins, organic (for elimination diet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix together all flours, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set bowl aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the applesauce, pineapple, syrup, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients and gently mix together with a large wooden spoon.
- Fold in the grated zucchini, walnuts, rasins and gently mix.
- Immediately place mixture into oiled 9 x 13 pan. Spread out batter evenly and place into oven. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- When cool cut into squares and serve.