Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was stolen directly from Readyseteat.com. Our family really enjoyed it and I loved how easy, inexpensive and healthy it was. I use instant brown rice (and just cook it a little longer) and vegi stock in place of the water. Feel free to add sour cream, avocado, jalepenos or whatever floats your boat!
- 1 tablespoon pure wesson canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered quartered lengthwise sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It is very healthy and easy to make. I followed the recipe as stated except for using brown rice as you suggested. I think it could have used a little more seasoning, but otherwise it was good. The directions for cutting the zucchini confused me a bit, so I quartered it lengthwise, then sliced. But you could quarter it, then slice lengthwise. Thanks for a quick meal! I made for PAC Fall 2012.