Recipe by daz_dani
I admit I have no idea where my Mum found this but this was and still is always a favourite as a side dish with roasts in our family. I apologize that I don't even know it's proper name though I am sure it would have one. It is very easy to do, hope you enjoy! All done in the microwave.
Top Review by HSEITZ
My husband loves this side dish!!! Although, I also sauteed the bacon. I just can't cook meat in a microwave. But it turned out fantastic and everyone loved it. Will be trying again, and also adding as a side dish to our holiday meals! DELICIOUS!!
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 -5 slices diced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice bacon and onion and place together in microwave safe dish and cook covered in microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Slice zucchini on angles approx 1 cm thick and layer on top of onion and bacon and cook covered for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix cream, parmesan cheese and basil together and pour over zucchini, bacon and onion as sauce cooking covered for further for 2 minutes.