Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this recipe when I was in High School Home Economics class in the late 1980's. I found this recipe in a copy of the 1986 Bon Appetit Magazine. I love it and make it all the time.
- 4 cups zucchini (2 medium)
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Butter 9 x 13 inch pan or glass dish. Combine all ingredients. Mix together and pour into dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool. Cut into small squares and serve.
Made this for my turn @ snack day @work. Everyone enjoyed it. I added shredded chedder to it. I don't know why didn't even notice it there. It was very flavorfull. When i make this in the summer because i know i will i'm thinking diced seeded tomatoes on top? How yummy.... My manager said she wouldn't have know there was zucchini in it if i didn't tell her. I used red onion and roasted garlic. Thanks for this keeper Happy cooking