Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't recall where I found this recipe, but my husband, who's really a picky eater (especially when it comes to vegetables) just loves it! It's a great party food or side dish or even a nice light summer dinner. I get tons of compliments every time I bring it to a pot luck. You can experiment with other cheeses, too. It's very flexible.
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or powder)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle top with extra cheese, if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Just kind of blah. I did add 1 carrot shredded up. But this dish is very eggy tasting. It's missing. Needs more seasoning, more garlic and salt maybe? Maybe a sharper cheese? I don't know if I would bother to make this again. While it was very easy to make, it just doesn't really taste like much of anything other than egg.
Perfect dish for a summer party - hot or cold it is yummy! Easy and stays good in the summer sun. I used garlic salt and italian seasoning instead of the salt, parsley and oregano and it turned out perfect. I think I am going to add black olives next time to add a little zip. Great addition to the recipe file!
Did this recipe as an appetizer, & now definitely want to keep it around & make it as a vegetable side ~ We enjoyed it's simple flavor & will find it a great addition to a spicier main dish! Thanks much for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick-A-Chef]