Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice snack or appetizer. I like dried ancho chile powder, but I'm sure any would be fine.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bring water and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan; lower heat and add flour, chile powder and garlic salt. Stir vigorously and continue cooking over low heat about 1 minute, until the mixture forms a ball.
- Beat egg substitute into flour mixture until smooth, then stir in cheese and zucchini.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
I guess I should have brought out the mixer for step 3. I did not think I was going to get the eggs blended in by hand but I did. I used 3 eggs as I did not have the substitute. They puffed up nicely but did not have a lot of flavor. I'm thinking a little onion might kick it up some more. Made for *Zaar Tag* game 2008