Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was veganized from the recipe found in Vegetarian Cooking: Exciting Ideas for Delicious Meals published by Crescent Books. Make two if you're serving more than a dozen people for Thanksgiving because it's a popular dish. It's easy to make.
- 1 lb medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or try vegetable broth)
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup Rice Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (one strip in each direction).
- Steam the carrots then mash and season with salt and the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat oil (or vegetable broth, if trying) in a large skillet and saute the onion and zucchini until soft.
- Turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients except the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Press half the zucchini mixture into the pan.
- Top with carrot mixture and press well.
- Add the rest of the zucchini mixture and press well.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
This recipe is very good. I used baby carrots and zucchini. Since I couldn't find almond flour, I pulverized almonds into a fine powder. I also cut the recipe in half as there are only 3 of us eating it, and I wasn't sure as to how well it would freeze. We enjoyed the flavoring of the Italian dressing mix with the zucchini and carrots. Made for PAC tag.