Recipe by COOKGIRl
There it was! A box of Krusteaz ZOOM on the shelf at the grocery store in the breakfast cereal aisle! And there was the original recipe for ZOOM cookies on the side of the box just as I remembered it from my youth. Why isn't this recipe in the Zaar database? PS Last time I baked these I added: currants, coconut, dried tart cherries, walnuts and one half teaspoon of Mixed Spice - Traditional Old Fashioned English Pudding Spice. It was a really good combination of flavors.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups krusteaz Zoom quick hot cereal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts or pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bow, blend together both sugars and butter until creamy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla extract; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the sugar mixture and blend well.
- Stir in ZOOM cereal and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper.).
- Bake 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Variations: Prepare cookies as directed up to Step #6 and, if desired stir in any of the following: 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit, 2/3 cup flaked coconut, 1/2 cup peanut butter, or 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite ground spice such as pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, etc.