- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, thinly sliced, and drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Saute and stir mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in spinach and remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mushroom-spinach mixture, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, seasonings, and ziti; transfer to a lightly greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Place tomato slices on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for about 40 minutes or until heated through.