- In large skillet over medium-high heat, stir together meat, mushrooms, green pepper, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with reserved juice, tomato sauce, onion soup mix and sugar.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Toss hot pasta and one-half sauce; spoon remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 12 servings (1 cup each)