This is my kids' favorite meal. And it's so easy to prepare, that they often do it themselves! It's very cheesy! I've also made this and cooked it in the microwave during the summer. Freezing instructions included. If you prefer, you may sub in ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese.
- Set aside some of the cheeses for topping the casserole.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375º for 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- To freeze: Cover dish with foil and freeze. When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired. To heat: Thaw and preheat oven to 350°F Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more.