While I was recovering from surgery, a friend brought this over for dinner for us. We all enjoyed it but the kids really loved it. They bugged me until I got the recipe!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce (don’t have to add but sometimes the noodles need more sauce)
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground beef and onion together in frying pan.
- Drain fat.
- Mix the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and beef together and then pour onto cooked noodles.
- Stir well and layer in a greased casserole dish alternating with pepperoni slices and cheese.
- Ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My family loved this recipe. Based on what I already had in the cupboard, I made a couple basic tweeks that I knew would not alter the flavor of the recipe. 1.) I did not have spaghetti sauce, so I just used the equivalent of tomato sauce and added Italian seasoning while cooking the hamburger. 2.) I switched the elbow macaroni out for a different tube pasta that I had on hand. 3.) I used mostly cheddar cheese, as I was short on Mozzarella. 4.) I followed another reviewer's advice and covered the pan with foil while in the oven, so the cheese would not dry out. It turned out great! My husband looked a little skeptical when I told him dinner had pepperoni in it, as that is an ingredient I never cook with. Although we prefer to fix healthy meals, and this doesn't fit into that category, it is still easy to prepare and a definite crowd pleaser. My whole family said it was delicious. Lots of flavor and a fun go-to recipe to "spice it up" for your family once in a while. Tip: Pepperoni freezes well, and often you can save money to buy it in bulk. Just repackage small portions in freezer bags, for a great addition to your future Italian dishes. Thanks so much for the yummy recipe!2Reply
Great recipe. I also used what I had on hand. Bow tie pasta, had to make up a quick spagetti sause, shredded cheddar cheese and a little jack cheese instead of mozzarella. Then I found that what I remembered as being pepperoni was really sliced italian salami. Used it anyway. It was a big hit and made a lot for my big eaters. Next time I'll use pepperoni and mozzaraella, it must be heavenly.Reply
see 13 more