Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this off an email list years ago. We really like this casserole.
- 2 cups ziti pasta
- 12 ounces mixed dark chicken meat or 12 ounces white meat chicken, drained
- 2 cups shredded muenster cheese
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large pot, cook ziti as directed on package and drain well.
- Combine all ingredients except Parmesan cheese and spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This was both good and just okay. I'm leaning more towards the okay side right now, but we'll see what it's like as leftovers. I may change my mind. It has a comfort food flavor and consistancy that I really liked, yet it was very bland too. My boys didn't enjoy it at all, which doesn't put it into the dinner rotation. We'll see how reheating treats it. I may add some tabasco or some other hot sauce to spice it up.